Wednesday, March 18, 2009

NY Travels

So obviously I can't stay put and within 4 weeks of being out here, I've already flown back to NY twice. The first trip was February 19 for Arethusa's Unity/Bid Night and doctor's appointments. My flight was supposed to leave Thursday morning but I got a call from US Air at 3AM telling me the flight was cancelled. They rescheduled it for 5:30 that day, through Phoenix to Philly and then Syracuse, getting in at 9:30 Friday morning. When I got to the airport they had booked me on a different flight through Delta that had already taken off. So I had to deal with that for half an hour but finally it was all set. The lamest part of the flight change was that instead of getting into Cuse Thursday night and spending the night at Karlie's, I spent the night on a red eye and slept in the Syracuse airport on a couch for 4 hours during the day. Oh well, the weekend was ridic, as per us.
The second visit was March 5 for Sigma Chi's initiation. I got into Binghamton Thursday night for Wing Night and purple drank, then drove with Kyle, Moses, and Mike Joy up to Potsdam. We stopped at Club 99 when we first got there, I thought just to quickly say hi to everyone, but no...they were having a spray tan intervention for me (we are totally obsessed with How I Met Your Mother). After that ridiculousness we went to Eben's for dinner then suited up and went down to Duff's. Saturday was amazing times followed by Sunday brunch at Eben's with Diane.

Sidenote: I wanted to mention this on my roadtrip post, but anyway... I always thought the Pennsylvania state highway symbol was so much cooler than NY's (it's a keystone as opposed to a shield) so I figured I should check during my trip out west to see if there was anything cooler. Answer: surprisingly Kansas! They have yellow suns and it is ever so joyous. But PA is the 2nd best...

No comments:

Post a Comment