Friday, January 16, 2009

2 Weeks!

I am leaving in exactly 2 weeks! I can't believe how soon it is, especially since I've been planning it for over 2 months now. I have logistics worked out with everyone except Amanda right now. I'm really excited about getting to see so many new places, especially New Orleans! If I had planned my trip for a few weeks later I could have been down there for Mardi Gras which would have been absolutely ridic...but I don't need to end up in Girls Gone Wild or anything, haha.
I'm really lucky that I am financially stable because finding a job is impossible. I've probably applied to over 30 jobs and have only heard back from 3 or 4, one was already filled and the others were just saying that they were still interested but looking at multiple applications. I found an apartment outside Olympia for about $600 a month but my cousin thinks it might be in a really busy area so he was going to check into it for me. I really want something locked down before I get out there so I can get settled ASAP and don't have to mooch off my cousin more than a few days.
Thinking about what I'm bringing out there, it doesn't seem like much but we'll see if I can manage to get it all in my car. I'm not looking forward to how much I'm going to have to spend on a new bed, furniture, things for the kitchen, etc. It makes me anxious to like it out there so I don't have to down-size and move again!

No comments:

Post a Comment